Subject: [Leica] Bald Eagles
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 11:54:40 -0600 (CST)

Jayanand,

Thanks for the link.  It has always been a dream of mine to visit the
Chilkat area of Alaska.  Although Bald Eagles are now becoming very common
on the Mississippi River, with numbers well into the hundreds.  Just south
of where I was last sunday the numbers are around 900 birds, although not as
good of a photography location as L&D14, which is almost ideal.  We even get
them here in Cedar Rapids on the Cedar River.  I counted around 50 birds
yesterday.  I spent about 20 minutes shooting yesterday, as that was all I
could tolerate with a temperature of 10 F and a 25 mph wind, plus the cold
camera and lens, even with gloves my fingers were numb in just a minute or
two.  Kind of crazy, but worth it when you get the just right image.

Cheers,
Gene