Subject: [Leica] Via de l'amore (especially for Tina)
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 06:10:17 +0100

I am with Philippe all the way. And with Ric. Tourism is good for us, Lluis!
It provides a big part of the economy in our part of Spain (more true in
Alicante than in Barcelona, but still). It also means that I can get Belgian
beer, Dutch bitterballen and other good stuff from Northern Europe here.

And more seriously (also addressed to Tina): my grandfather had to flee the
Holocaust to Russia and died in Stalin's gulag in 1953; my father had to
flee the Holocaust and fought the Germans for 3 years--but lived out his
life in the freedom of Denmark. I grew up in that same free, beautiful
Denmark and now live a comfortable life in Spain. And my children have the
entire world open to them. This past summer my son graduated from a good
English university with the graduation ceremony in Bath Abbey.

So yes, things do get better from generation to generation. The old days are
not all they are cracked up to be.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman