Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 14/2/2014: connected
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 18:09:54 +0100

Alicante is not a big city, we have about 350,000 inhabitants. But even
then, we have a mini-Chinatown. No parades or lunar New Year celebrations,
but some groceries, restaurants, hairdressers and other shops that are more
or less concentrated in a part of downtown. Walking through that area the
other day provided me with this street scene:

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3077740755&k=2BB2XJr&lb=1&s=O

I think the origin of the Chinese community here is in the business of
producing and distributing the fake designer bags and sunglasses and the
cheap toys that are sold to tourists on the beaches and along the main
promenade. In the neighbourhood where I took the picture, and in some other,
even lower-rent neighbourhoods, there are large warehouses distributing
those goods. The counterfeit designer stuff is just a small part of the
business, most of it are legitimate cheap household items, clothing, toys,
etc.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman