Subject: [Leica] OT - Sony Alpha 7R
From: jplaurel at gmail.com (Jim Laurel (gmail))
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 12:48:46 -0800

I wish someone could explain all the hype around the Sony A7 twins. Ok, I
get that it's a full frame mirrorless and that puts it in an exclusive club
with just two members, alongside the M240. I understand everyone's desire
for a full frame platform for mounting legacy glass. But as a system in its
own right, I don't get it. Sure, the body is small, but so what? Lenses that
produce an image circle suitable for a full frame sensor are going to be
just as large as, say, the Canon system. At the end of the day, your bag is
going to weigh nearly as much as any other full frame system. You're only
saving a ounces on the body. And that assumes that there are interesting
native mount lenses for the A7, which there aren't...not yet, anyway...

--Jim