Subject: [Leica] OT - Sony Alpha 7R
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:37:40 -0800

I simply try to optimize my ability to easily capture the most good images.
 The Canon 5D2 beat my MF film cameras, the Leica M9 beat the Canon, and
the Sony a7r appears to be out-shooting the M9.

Sony's a7r -- with 36 MP, through the lens viewing, ability to take M
optics 50 mm an up, best 35mm lens I've ever tested (and my main lens for
any system), near perfect auto exposure, modern electronics, including
level -- for my type of photography appears to take imaging to a new level,
and at a price that is a fraction of Leica's.

It is not a perfect camera, but the outfit I carry is the lightest I've
ever carried and is producing the technically best image files I've yet
seen.  While I may run into glitches, the Sony a7r appears to be a
significant advance in our camera technology.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com