Subject: [Leica] OT - Sony Alpha 7R
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 21:48:57 +0000

If you lose the rangefinder stuff I think the M is about the same size as
the A7; a roll of film in a mechanical camera takes up much less space the a
decent battery, SD card and sensor+ electronics. The price probably could
come down if they used an off the shelf sensor, then have issues with wide
angle lenses like other cameras, however they have to cover R&D costs...

Anyway, I thought you were saying, about a year ago, that the M was going to
be the photojournalist resurgence of Leica? ;-)

john