Subject: [Leica] new images - African Safari
From: rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 20:52:26 -0500

Well, after being tremendously busy (actually non-stop/no vacation for two
years kind of busy) with a technology start-up company developing
electronically focusing lenses, I have some time to photograph again.  The
company sadly declared bankruptcy prior to getting the Gen 2 product to
market.  It would have changed the way we see with glasses.  Hopefully some
entity will pick up the pieces and continue the development of analog to
digital lenses for your glasses.

So I went on safari with my wonderful wife to Tanzania.   I took about
11,000 images and video with just about 250GB of data.  Sadly, it was not
Leica gear.  My M9 stayed at home this trip.  Very dusty environment.
Mostly used a 100-400mm IS L Canon zoom on a 5DMk3 and SL1 bodies.  Going on
safari is a life changing experience.  Riding in open top Land Cruisers
during the day and sleeping in tents in the Serengeti at night will change
your perspective  I have posted five images.

Now that I'm in the search mode for another global position, I'll post more
frequently.  I missed this community.  If life gives a lemon, make some
lemonade.  Comments welcome.  I hope I got the links correct for the images.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rclompus/_MG_5292.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rclompus/_MG_8283.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rclompus/_MG_6346.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rclompus/_MG_5746.jpg.html