Subject: [Leica] Leica's April 24th announcement - place your bets!
From: jplaurel at gmail.com (Jim Laurel (gmail))
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 11:40:46 -0800

Just for fun, who would like to speculate on what Leica will announce on
April 24? Will it be the fabled Leica T (typ 701)?

If I had a seat at the conference table, here's what I would I would propose:
-- A modified M mount that supports autofocus. The "Leica M-AF" mount.
-- Re-tool X-Vario to accept these new lenses. This APS-C camera will be the
initial offering. This new camera body can read the 6-bit coding on current
M mount lenses.
-- Release a set of primes with moderate aperture but superlative IQ in
classical focal length equivalents: 35, 50, 28 and 90mm, in that order. M-AF
lenses actually project an image circle sufficient for APS-H.
-- Customers who want wider, longer or faster can use traditional M mount
lenses
-- Firmware update for M240 to use the new lenses in crop mode.
-- Next cycle, release the APS-H body with integrated EVF in the traditional
position (far left)
-- Sell body and prime of your choice as a kit. Your choice of an M-AF prime
for the same price. M-AF body and one prime priced between M240 (body) and
X-Vario.

--Jim

Replies: Reply from zoeica at mac.com (chris williams) ([Leica] Leica's April 24th announcement - place your bets!)
Reply from ken at iisaka.com (Ken Iisaka) ([Leica] Leica's April 24th announcement - place your bets!)