Subject: [Leica] IMG: Auschwitz
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 21:14:40 -0500

Jim -

I am using a Nikon LS5000 with an SF210 batch scanner and Vuescan software.
 I scan the negatives using the Vuescan software set up to scan twice for
different exposures.  Because it is B&W, you can't use the infrared
cleaning but Vuescan has a dust and spot remover for B&W that helps.  Just
set it up to scan B&W negatives and leave the rest to Vuescan.  I scan them
as DNG raw files and import them into LR for further work.

I think if you can figure out how to set the LS9000 up to scan multiple
times for different exposures and to save the files as raw files, you will
be able to work on them with all of the information that is available in
the negatives.

It takes a little longer to scan everything twice, but I figure that is
better than having to go back and rescan it all!!

Good luck!  I'd be glad to answer any more questions if I could.

Tina