Subject: [Leica] Last pictures from Malaysia
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 15:31:44 -0000

Kinabalu National Park is fascinating and your shot brings me back. I was
manager of the Irish team when the World Mountain Running Champs were held
there in 1999, and went up to the summit of Mount Kinabalu and back down
again one afternoon during the trip.

It has an amazing diversity of plants and it's a tremendous experience going
from the tropical flowers to tundra mosses on the climb in the space of a
few miles. I delayed too much looking at the vegetation and other sights
that I was caught in the darkness on the descent and had to make my way down
the mountain in pitch blackness. More exciting than I bargained for!

Here's a couple of poor pictures of me in Malaysia.
With the organiser Balwant
http://www.iol.ie/~imra/pic99wt_balwantMK.html
With the sacrificial chicken
http://www.iol.ie/~imra/pic99wt_douglas&chick.html