Subject: [Leica] Slightly OT: New Mac Pro for photo editing? Also whisk[e]y. -DAS
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 18:06:18 -0700

The update now allows for USB synching of data between iDevices and your
computer.

I just don?t have an issue with all of this. For me it ?Just Works (tm)?.

I like having external drives. At MacWorld I picked up a nifty device that
gives my MacBook Pro 17? (which doesn?t have USB3) a pair of those ports
plus eSATA ports, FireWire 800. Coupled with a USB3 card reader I was blown
away by the increase in import speed from a fast SD card to Lightroom.

I?m still very unclear about the right 2013 Mac Pro to buy, but gradually
that will come into focus, esp when Adobe gives an inkling about its GPU
support.

For me Mavericks just works. It?s reliable, easy to use, runs Lightroom and
Photoshop very well.

Those who are looking to make the move need to look at their own needs and
what works for them.

Adam