Subject: [Leica] Leica R system
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 20:49:00 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

John McMaster wrote:

>True, the long lens (350mm) they 'announced' years back has never been
>released.

I believe Leica has announced it won't happen.

> However they make adapters allowing long Hasselblad H (300mm) or Contax
> 645 (350mm) lenses with
> autofocus/aperture

The Contax 350mm Tele-Apotessar is very interesting but two things concern
me (apart from the obvious $$$$$):
I haven't gotten a clear answer whether the 1.4x Mutar for the 350 is
supported by the Leica adapter, and having been using a camera that is no
longer in production and for which several critical parts are difficult to
obtain (if at all) the age & scarcity of the Contax 350 is unsettling.  It's
not something I'd feel comfortable relying on.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com