Subject: [Leica] Ted's Leica Gallery show
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 13:05:55 -0400 (EDT)

        Thanks to Tina and others for showing pictures taken at Ted's show
in the Leica Gallery. They were basically portraits of participants and,
since I didn't know many pf the people, did not adequately capture of the
feeling of the event for me. Eventually I did have the opportunity to meet
several photographers whose names and pictures were familiar to me on the
LUG. I arrived at the gallery just before 6 p.m. and unfortunately I had to
leave before the end of the reception to catch my train back upstate.?
        The Leica Gallery is a rather small venue occupying a suite of
several rooms on the fifth floor of an old New York office building. It is
well lit with plenty of wall space, adequate for showing photographs, but
too small for a modern art gallery. Seventy of Ted's photographs were on
display including most of the highlights from his 60 years of work as a
photojournalist. They were of a very high order. Clearly he deserves the
accolades that have been heaped upon him.
        Surprisingly for a photographer whose most quoted statement is a
denigration of color photography, a notable fraction were in color. Also a
number would not meet the critical standards of sharpness and precision
lauded in the LUG. But all were interesting and worthy of a second and even
third look. Clearly "CONTENT IS KING." Ted is a true photojournalist whose
pictures tell a story.
        Before I left I snapped a number of pictures of people viewing the
show with a credit card sized P&S camera, a tiny Canon 780. I don't know how
many were LUG members since I was told that the Leica Gallery has a number
of walk ins most evenings. My camera was lost amongst the many Leica cameras
hung around the necks of visitors. Here are the pictures in no particular
order. They give a bit of the flavor of the event.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Leica+Gallery+1.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Leica+Gallery+2.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Leica+Gallery+3.jpg.html?
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Leica+Gallery+4.jpg.html