Subject: [Leica] OT:Ming
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 12:08:24 -0700

I haven?t showed up on the LUG for a while. I?ve been grieving over a lost
cat. I will be 92 in June, and I?m suffering from a common ailment, even
among those younger: if multi-tasking, I can completely forget the first
incomplete task after concluding the second one.

Without bothering you with the details, I left a door open to a cage that
has his litter tray and communicates to a cat-door in a window. Lee heard
him come in during the night and he apparently left again in the wee hours.
This was a week ago Saturday. He never came back. We plastered the
neighborhood with posters, even carpet-bombed people?s porches with flyers.
Because he was an indoor cat, like idiots we did not have a collar with ID
on him. He was almost twelve years old and we got him as a kitten. Most
aggressively affectionate cat I?ve ever had. He had to be petted in the
morning before he would eat.

I?m just beginning to regain my sanity.

Herb

Herbert Kanner