Subject: [Leica] Ted's Opening WOW! WOW!! WOW!!!!!!! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 09:02:19 -0700

WOW! WOW!! WOW!!!!!!!  AND ANOTHER BIG WOW! :-)

How does one answer over 1800 e-mails about a moment in my life as wonderful
and emotional as the LEICA GALLERY opening? Between the LEICA folder
incoming and the general mail incoming folder that many! 1800!!! :-)

No I'm not going to answer them all individually, but hopefully try to
answer them with one huge "THANK YOU" to all those who could make it to the
gallery opening. And obviously many who've posted the fun photos of crew and
myself enjoying the camaraderie of the get to-gether and meeting face to
face. As well as the many many who couldn't make it, but have sent so many
congratulation e-mails. Love you all! :-)

I will give you the bit of emotional impact I felt as I walked into the
gallery by myself early afternoon Thursday:

A short walk along a hallway I could see into the gallery and a few of the
prints on the wall, but not a complete room of the 5 rooms of hanging
photos. A few more steps and there I stood looking at so many photos I was
completely mesmerized and heart soaring like crazy! And those who know me
face to face will appreciate the next line! :-)

I just broke down and began bawling, crying completely uncontrollably! Just
as I sit here once again shedding tears as I recall the moment and not
having my dear wife Irene of 64years standing there with me. Now passed away
two years. It was she who put the first camera in my hands as a birthday
gift, May 27 1950! She was my toughest photo editor and pat on back giver
when deserved person.

Of all the wonderful folks who attended, she is the one most deserving of
being there! And I cried and cried some more!

A huge emotional moment to say the least! Although during the several days I
returned each time and reveled in the amazing beauty of the photos on the
walls. I felt her presents in my heart. As I know without question, she was
there in spirit! Quite often as she was when I was away on some assignment
in a dark corner of Earth.

Thank you all who could make it and to those who couldn't? We now have so
many people moment photos being posted, everyone one was there. :-)
cheers to all!

ted

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Ted's Opening WOW! WOW!! WOW!!!!!!! :-))
Reply from jackyaus at gmail.com (Jacky aus) ([Leica] Ted's Opening WOW! WOW!! WOW!!!!!!! :-))