Subject: [Leica] Leica T lens not optically perfect?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 17:52:02 -0400

M lenses have to be non software reliant as there is little software backup
in a roll of Neopan-1600 run in Xtol 1:3 - as the microchips melt in hot
water and get flushed down the drain where they get mixed into the sewer
system.
A lens designed for a mirrorless camera though never has to work with film.
So its relationship with the sensor can be very much software amplified and
modified reflecting current realities in  lens deign..  There would be no
advantage in denying these parameters other than shooting oneself in the
foot. Leica to its credit is not that entrenched in the optical past... And
a film version of the T system (72 on a roll!) is not in the wings.

DPreview a source I'm normally found of phrased this in a sensationalistic
way. The implication being that there is something lacking in the lens
design of the Model T for it to have to rely on software algorithms.
They say they were just making a correction to a previous statement.
But the extreme amount of hits they have as a result belies this.