Subject: [Leica] Which flash for minimal use?
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 14:26:13 -0500

===On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Fred Bastiat <myrmidons at me.com> wrote:

> I have the M240 and 35mm and 50mm Summicrons. I like to combine business
> with pleasure so when I go to trade shows in far away locations, I need
> flash for indoor product shots. So maybe 30 or 40 images, and then I'm off
> for fun in the mountains or whatever, and then I have no need for flash as
> I'll be carrying a tripod.
>
> I could just bring a Canon G12 for the trade show stuff. Or, I could carry
> a flash for the Leica. So, the flash should be no larger, and hopefully
> lighter than the G12.
>
> So, what's a good, cheap, small, lightweight flash that will work with the
> M240?

When I was in NYC a couple of weeks ago I went into B&H and was directed to
the Bolt VS-210, which works on either my M9 or Oly OMD E-M1.  Small, light
and cheap.  Plus it bounces.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/750877-REG/Bolt_VS_210_Mini_On_Camera.html

--Bob

Replies: Reply from myrmidons at me.com (Fred Bastiat) ([Leica] Which flash for minimal use?)