Subject: [Leica] Fuji Rumours
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 21:10:21 -0700

There are similar rumors about a large Sony sensor for a mirror less medium
format camera.

What is the market for medium format? With phone cameras taking over the
bottom I suppose it?s the top end where the bucks will go. But are there
enough? What would the price point have to be to make any sense at all?

I mean I wouldn?t mind shooting 45 or 50 MP in a form factor of the Leica S
if the price were in the $6k range. But where would the glass come from?

I liked the feel of the S but thought it?s menu system was far less obvious
than the one for the M. Leica still has the best user interface and has
since the DMR. The Japanese are too taken with features and have no
discipline: bullet point design.

I?m just getting grumpy.

Adam