Subject: [Leica] My M9 will travel to Wetzlar
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 11:01:29 +0200

And to follow up since I have just left Wetzlar, I went back on the last
day and spoke with the Customer Care people on this for Lluis. Some may
know that this was my camera before Lluis bought it from me last year.
We have arranged a contact person who has helped before and they have
organised the repair for Lluis. The whole sensor attachment to its
electronics board is via three location points. Those points are adjusted
minutely for the best possible accuracy of the sensor position. This is the
first time that any of the Customer Care people I spoke with have heard of
this problem. A very rare thing apparently. Maybe it is now a collector's
item.... just kidding. I think that Lluis would rather own a camera that
works.
They have promised to turn the camera around in about 4 weeks I understand.
What should happen is the same as if your camera is adjusted or calibrated,
not a replacement of the sensor and electronics. THAT is very expensive.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman