Subject: [Leica] My M9 will travel to Wetzlar
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 15:50:41 -0700

Lluis:  Sorry you have to deal with this. But using your film cameras
for a while may be a good thing.  I shot a roll of Tri-X recently. It
felt like coming home, in a way.  It reminded me of things that I knew
and practiced most of my life, that tend to be different with digital.
B&W film is beautiful in a very different way from digital. Digital is
more convenient, easier, faster more accurate, and has more fine detail
than fast film.  But highlights are better with film. Film grain is what
the image is made of, rather than digital noise, which is superimposed
on the image. You have less shots per "card."  You can't "chimp."  The
whole way you think about exposure is different.

All this made me think again about things that had become automatic.
This is good to do now and then.

And yes, I *hate* cloning out dust spots.  :-)

--Peter

Replies: Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] My M9 will travel to Wetzlar)