Subject: [Leica] My M9 will travel to Wetzlar
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 01:28:46 +0200

Thank you Peter, I agree with you, in fact some days ago, before to have the
problem, I?ve bought some B&W film. Beside the things you are pointing I
want add some other considerations. I?ve realized that for me shooting
digital is more stressing, why? simply because you don?t have the immediate
?prove? our work, secondly I can say that I don?t know what?s happen but
with film I shot less pics than digital, a certain process of reflexion is
involved.

You mention one point that I not share, you say that Digital is faster, IMHO
I would add apparently, after a while I?m scanning and processing old
negates in B&W, I can say - beside the problem of of cloning out dust spots,
I hate too - that the post processing is at least for me much more faster in
scanned film than digital, in other words I can get easily the B&W I want.

I can not say which is the best, this is a question of preferences, mines
are more in favor of the B&W film than digital, and these days I?m enjoying
carrying again my M with B&W film.

I see a certain trend of the digital users of last digital technology and
the powerful new ?clinic? lenses, IMHO many of the pictures I see are based
on the effects of the lens and technology than the image, this will probably
produce in some years a total change of the preferences. As you say, people
prefer the fine detail of digital than the grain. Of course I respect all
the preferences and I want add another consideration. This evolution pro
technological values makes also a big benefits to all the industry involved,
is there some Marketing influencing throughout the images of actual great
photographers the preferences. If we do an abstraction, would be in our days
appreciated as it was the Alfred Eisenstaedt picture of the kiss in Times
Square? Or we actually would have appreciated the same image isolated by the
effect of a Nocti 0.95?

I ask myself such questions and the response is go everyone with his own
preferences,

Cheers!
Lluis

BTW.- The camera is already on the way to Wetzlar.

El 27/05/2014, a las 00:50, Peter Klein <pklein at threshinc.com> escribi?: