Subject: [Leica] My M9 will travel to Wetzlar
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 05:12:59 -0700

On May 26, 2014, at 10:49 PM, Geoff Hopkinson <hopsternew at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Oh I never saw that???? Who as that? Read exactly what the fault was in
> this M9. I did not say that there have not been other ones with problems
> with the sensor assemblies. THIS fault is one no-one I know has ever heard
> of.
> Anyway just expressing my view because this was my camera for 3 years and
> none of the dealers with whom I converse have heard of this nor the
> Customer Care people I spoke with personally on site a few days ago.
> Believe what you will, of course.
> I have a very wonderful day ahead here in France with our friend Philippe.
> All the best from Mutzenhouse

> Cheers
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

have a wonderful day my friends....

Geoff please give my best to Philippe and Alice.

The person I referred to was Scott Gregory, as I recall. Scott was quite
specific about a loose sensor, which was not verbally reported to him, but
was reported on the work order and noted by him on that. This work order was
returned to him with the camera. It was implied that the camera must have
suffered some trauma, which Scott denied, so the conclusion was that
perhaps it had occurred during shipping. Scott concluded, by saying that
Leica should have known about the problem, as it had occurred, at least to
his camera, as well as to yours. One must wonder just how frequent this
issue was....

I will soon locate Scott's e-mail and forward it.
bonne journee et bon voyage tout le monde....

amities, Steve

> On May 26, 2014, at 9:04 PM, Geoff Hopkinson <hopsternew at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>>> Such cynicism, Jayanand and Steve! Personally I have never heard of this
>>> anywhere.
>>

>> **boy are you naive Geoff....we even had a member here, say that he had
>> the same problem.
>>

>> Maybe a bit tough to imply that Customer Care has lied to Lluis.
>>> I don't believe that is so. If you had an opportunity to meet these folks
>>> you might possibly think differently.
>>

>> **
>>

>>> Re-tightening the three fasteners involved will mean that the camera will
>>> be calibrated to the very newest standard for Lluis at least and of
>> course
>>> the camera will automatically receive a full CLA while there.
>>> Let's wait until Lluis reports the results for us.
>>

>> I expect from my experience, that the camera will be fixed, but there will
>> be no results to report.
>>>

>>> Steve
>>

>>> Cheers
>>> Geoff