Subject: [Leica] ***SPAM*** Battery Charger
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 06:53:36 +1000

I can only speak for the airlines with whom I've travelled and my personal
experience. My understanding is that Lithium Ion batteries are not
permitted in CHECKED IN baggage but may be in your CARRY ON baggage.
Those bags are always scanned of course, so on every occasion they know
exactly what is in that bag (and the large amount of metal etc in Leica
gear often results in a second pass through). I have also had my carry on
physically searched as well as tested for explosives traces in Australia,
UAE and Germany without issue.
I always have the one in camera of course, plus two spares and charger in
my carry on.
In Frankfurt the pleasant chap who took me into a private room for the
explosive traces testing said 'your German camera is no problem!'

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman