Subject: [Leica] OT: Fuji X file sizes
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 11:36:35 -0400

Nathan - Like you I?ve had my X Pro-1 almost since it first came out and
never checked the file sizes either.  A quick look right now gave me these
numbers:

X100s about 18-24MB after conversion to DNG

X Pro-1 about 18-22 MB after conversion to DNG.

These are on an iMac running 10.9 and, like you, I shoot RAW only.

I?m not sure why yours are so much larger.  Might you be incorporating the
original RAW file in the DNG?  This can be turned off if it?s not needed.
I?ve never seen a reason to keep the original file.

Best,

Dick