Subject: [Leica] OT: Fuji X file sizes
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 16:04:08 +1000

Mark you don't have that right. Nothing 'half assed' about it.
A DNG file is a true raw format file. The structure of the file is like a
TIFF but with instructions. That is to say the RGB information is the same
but the developing instructions are not actually applied, just recorded. So
you can go back and change those instructions with no loss of info (the
same as with other raw formats).

You can choose to convert NEF  (or other raw formats) to DNG if you want
but you can't go the other way. At least I never heard of that.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman