Subject: [Leica] OT: My gallery recovery
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 20:55:05 -0700

Brian is a prince among men.

A couple of days ago, I tried to post pictures on the Leica Gallery and all
steps seemed to execute normally, except that the pictures never appeared. A
day later, I made a second attempt with the consequence that my entire album
vanished! Gone into outer space!

I got in touch with Brian immediately. He said that the pictures were one
thing, but that accompanying data was another, that he had never tried to do
a partial restore from backup, but that he would do his best. After another
exchange of email about my priorities for alternate solutions, he said that
the only alternative was my least desirable one, that he had worked on it
all day, and that it should be done within the hour. Also that he had not
written that software.

Well. It looks as if everything has been restored, including the titles and
file numbers of the pictures. It?s just that the sequence of the shots is a
bit random and most of them bear today?s date. Also, all history of the
number of views is gone. I?m quite happy with the result. Neither of us
seems to have any idea why it happened, but all praise to Brian for exerting
himself that much to restore my stuff in a timely manner.

I emailed him back, stating three
Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204