Subject: [Leica] Film processing in almost clean water?
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 11:15:21 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Caveat: Do some homework before using Ilford method as there
are a few restrictions...hardening fixers, etc. Just sayin.

Montie

>>Well, there are filters, and then there are filters. ;-)
Yours are probably fine for larger organic particles (sediment etc.)

FWIW I would install a KDF/GAC (Kinetic Degradation Fluxion/Granulated
Activated Carbon .5 micron filter at the processing source then run a
test roll.

If processing in small roll tanks you can always use the Ilford wash
method with distilled water.  http://tinyurl.com/nd6h7yf

Montie

>>Hello the group,

I am in new digs and about to start B&W film processing again.  The problem
is the water here has some color to it, faint yellow.  It is potable well
water, softened and filtered twice before it gets to the tap. But still has
some color.  I am told it is from leaves and bark buried deep in the water
table.  I will mix my chemicals with distilled water of course but when I
wash after hypo-clearing will I get speckles from the water?  Anybody have
any experience with this situation?

Richard Endress
rendress at me.com

http://questingbeast.zenfolio.com