Subject: [Leica] 3 new
From: jplaurel at gmail.com (Jim Laurel)
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 14:08:24 -0700

Thank you for the photo of ?El Afilador?, Luis! I lived in Malaga for a year
back in the early 70s and these guys would come around once a week or so.
The Afilador would pedal into our neighborhood on his bicycle and sing his
usual song that echoed through the streets. He would stop outside our
building, prop the rear wheel of his bicycle up on a stand, spin the seat
around, and get to work. As he pedaled, the sharpening wheel would turn. The
neighborhood ladies would come down and have him sharpen their knives.

The fish man and bread man also came every so often, usually driving a 2CV
van. They each had their characteristic songs that let everyone know to come
down and get their bread and fish.

What a great memory.