Subject: [Leica] Stand-Alone Photo Processing Software
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 19:22:08 -0400

That people are making the huge investments in money and time to be involved
with Leica gear and then using cut rate processing software is nothing short
of amazing.
If you were shooting medium format you'd use Phase One Capture one Software.
If you were doing anything else you'd use Photoshop, the program of choice
since it came out in 24 years ago. 23 years for Windows. Pre day one for
digital. I was processing my images years before I ever took one.
All the kids played with it instead of the Jungle Jim in recess.
They all got special permission to got go outside but stay in the computer
room.
Here on the Lug we look for a faster cheaper dumbed down alternative.
Lightware is software designed for making an in effect digital contact
sheet.its for sorting and rating and organizing your pix.
As an after thought they made it so you  can darken and lighten them or add
contrast. It sold way better than Photoshop so a year later they changed to
name to "Photoshop Lightroom"

You can now think you are really dealing with processing your images in a
contentious way as it says "Photoshop" on it.
I met a gal in a caf? I asked how she processed her pix she said
"Photoshop".
Turns out it was Lightroom.

I use Photoshop Photoshop.