Subject: [Leica] Wondering About Canvas
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 21:06:34 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Geoff, Ken, Gene, thanks for the input! Found a lab down here that
does it so I'm gonna try it in a smaller size to show the customer
and get a feel for the look. Probably a good chance it'll look much
improved over my feeble PS attempt. :-)

Montie

>>Hi Montie and George. Printing on canvas seems to be a popular option
around this country at least. I think it depends on the content how well it
works of course, to a greater extent than with various paper stocks.
It's a well established topic that people ought to print more (on
whatever).

For this one its typical of George's perceptive eye to note the way the
water drops have rendered here. I can follow his thinking there.

Somehow there needs to be a new group gathering with prints in hand. Maybe
I need to get back into a print exchange if any are still extant.
I tend to carry maybe a thousand images on my iPad but holding a good print
on quality stock in your hands is a different experience.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

>>I have had 3 made and they came out very nice, was very satisfied.  I had
>>on
16x20 and 2 20x30 inch canvases made.

gene

I've seen lots of them at the art fairs, but didn't really like.  I
would say a definite no for the image you posted.  But then, I don't
even like to print on matt papers.  Having said all that, I have been
using the painting program that Tina mentioned (Dynamic Auto Painter, a
lot of fun) and it did cross my mind to turn out a fake painting or two
(watercolor on watercolor paper, oil on canvas). Maybe later.

Ken