Subject: [Leica] Mikado, Geoff's intemperate rant
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 21:43:42 -0400 (EDT)

Geoff, My brief comment on LUG behavior somehow got morphed by you into
a statement on political correctness and a commentary on the desire for
Catalan independence from Spanish domination. My ORIGINAL post had
nothing to say about Spanish usage. You were the one who first brought
it up in your reply to me. "In your opinion you mean Larry? Do you
speak for the people in Spain or Catalonia or Spanish speaking
countries and presume to know what it means to them." I personally
don't
care much about Spain or Catalonia. But I do care about my two
daughters and three grand daughters and I don't want demeaning or
insensitive comments to be applied to them. You don't want people
disrespecting your daughters that way, do you?

Whatever the language, good manners should prevail.

Regards,
Larry Z