Subject: [Leica] Just Out! CMOS 6400 for my 500c Hassy
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 18:53:19 -0700

Mark,
Beware the Siren's call...
Phase, at admittedly higher prices, allows all their offerings to be fitted
with HV back mounts (mine does...). The new PhaseOne IQ2XX models are CMOS.
The IQ260 is a 6micron pixel vs the Imacon 5.3micron pixel (10% reduction
in light capturing ability). The IQ260 is true 4x5; not quite 6x6 but a
much reduced crop factor.

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Camera-Systems/IQ2-Series/IQ2-Specifications.aspx

And I would suggest you read some about actual user experiences with CMOS
MFDBs. What is realistic ISO (not the marketing dept.). How do you
calibrate the camera to the back to ensure that what you see in the
viewfinder as in focus really is? Of course sharpness may not really matter
with handheld Hassy shooting (previously mentioned slap). What is the max
exposure time (12min Imacon, 1hr Phase) for those long, hand held shots! ;-)

Definitely try before you buy! You have had MFDB 4x5 for the Hassy out
there for years. Yes CMOS is great, but is it in MF? I think the jury may
still be out on that one...
Looking forward to seeing your results!!! :-)
Bob