Subject: [Leica] Hot hummers
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 07:14:49 -0700

HI Gene,
I agree 9620 is the  best - because of the shadow of the head and beak on
the wing. Getting closer is always an option but my hummers are a skittish
lot - still worth a try. About extenders; the 2X is too soft - the 1.7X is
just marginally acceptable - and I don't (yet) have a 1.4X which by reports
is quite good. This is on the 80 - 400 VR zoom which by itself is very good.
All food for thought.
Cheers
Howard

Message: 13