Subject: [Leica] A Sensor opinion...
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 09:11:30 -0700

I have one foot in each camp.  Sony has the electronics, but Leica has not
only it's lens base but also the microlenses on the sensor.  For the best
wide angle shooting, these are turning out to be incredibly important.

So, what am I investing in?  I'll be testing the WATE.  I hope it works.
 (The version without the finder is back ordered -- interesting, many are
doing what I'm doing.  Leica is getting part of the Sony buyer base.)  And
I think Leica has a good chance of getting my back in the fold down the
road.  It's not out of the ball game at all for me.

It's a wonderful horse race between my favorite old German optics companies
and two different price points for the "digital film."  I love having
competitive options.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com