Subject: [Leica] Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 ZM Distagon rumor
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 13:06:12 -0700

The Otus 55/1.4 also uses a Distagon design.  If size, weight, complexity
and cost are not serious limitations, a retrofocus design can be sharp and
give much more even lighting than a more symmetrical design.  The Canon
24mm TS-E Lii gives very even light and avoids the ray engle image
degradation that affects our digital camera sensors -- even Leica, though
to a lesser extent than the Sony.

Frankly, I'm more curious to see how the new Zeiss 35mm f/2 "Loxia" does on
the Sony, particularly since it is basically a modification of the Biogon
35/2 ZM, which is said to have had terrible corner smear on the Sony.

BTW, the WATE does work well on the Sony a7r.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Richard Man <richard at
richardmanphoto.com>