Subject: [Leica] Fields and Village
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 08:24:55 +0530

At least the initial stanzas of Goldsmith's masterpiece fit your photograph
perfectly:

Sweet Auburn, loveliest village of the plain,
Where health and plenty cheered the labouring swain,
Where smiling spring its earliest visit paid,
And parting summer's lingering blooms delayed:
Dear lovely bowers of innocence and ease,
Seats of my youth, when every sport could please,
How often have I loitered o'er thy green,
Where humble happiness endeared each scene;
How often have I paused on every charm,
The sheltered cot, the cultivated farm,
The never-failing brook, the busy mill,
The decent church that topped the neighbouring hill,
The hawthorn bush, with seats beneath the shade,
For talking age and whispering lovers made.

Cheers
Jayanand