Subject: [Leica] Lei-ko R lens to S body adapter ring
From: topoxforddoc at btinternet.com (Charlie Chan)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 17:19:12 +0100

This is for those, who would love to use some of their R lenses on a new S
(006) or S2 body. I have just bought an adapter ring from Michael Leibfritz
in Germany

www.lei-ko.de

It cost 500 euros including overnight european courier delivery. It is
beautifully made. You can only use it for lenses of 180 or longer.  The new
S lenses top out at 180 focal length. The rumoured 350 S lens may well not
happen. Focus is manual of course with stop down metering. The max focus
distance is limited, unless you send the lenses to Leica for adjustment.

180/2 APO - max focus distance 12 m

280/4 APO - max focus distance at infinity point on lens barrel is about
20m, but my copy goes beyond infinity to the ?feet / m? mark on the barrel
(which is 40m + in real life).

I have posted a few images on the Leica Users Forum here, for those who are
interested.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-s-typ-006-s2-forum/344168-lei-ko-r-lens-s-adapter.html#post2767604

If you would like the full size DNG files to look at, please email me off
list

Michael tells me that you can use the 1.4x APO, but not the 2X APO.

Best wishes,

Charlie

www.charlie-chan.co.uk

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Lei-ko R lens to S body adapter ring)