Subject: [Leica] OT: The iPad Way
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 07:20:30 +0100

That is surprising.
It is certainly the case that Apple controls more of what the user does now
that in 1987 when I got my first Mac, but I can still always put a file
where I want it.
Some of the software nowadays does make it difficult to know where, but
Windows always had dozens of hidden files, that is why removing a programme
wasn't just a case of dragging to the trash, like it always was with Mac OS.
Now that there are so many cross platform bits of software I suppose it is
inevitable to get bleed through of undesirable characteristics, but when I
retired in 2010 it was the PC I gave away, not the Mac, and knowing where
files are was one of the reasons I did so.?
Frank. D.