Subject: [Leica] Leica Porn
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 03:42:06 -0400

So in effect Leicas now cost twice as much as what we'd have been used to if
we were 20 in 1958.
Yet the answer remains who had now got seven grand to pay for a camera body?
Just like in Hollywood the real geniuses in the whole deal are the
accountants. How am I and a lot of people going to swing that many thousands
of dollars?
Start crunching numbers people!
I'm not much for praying but I'm willing to dabble in black magic on a  new
moon when no one is looking.

By the way in the way back machine I had only a couple of very well healed
rich photographer friends who shot with monster flagship Canon and Nikons
which a couple of thousand dollar back then and twice that now.
They all got the more compact lighter weight half price versions which came
out 6 months later with all the features.
Perhaps they were "pro sumer." bodies which means "used by pros in the
summer?"
While "pro" cameras were used by people who drove Jaguars in the winter. Not
by all that many pros.