Subject: [Leica] The incredible anti-scratch diopter guard
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 14:57:56 -0700

In light of George's thread about why we joined the LUG, here is an example
of the lengths to which some of us will go to keep shooting Leica.

Regulars here will recall that I've had some vision issues over the last
couple of years. Most are straightened out now. But until the doctors got
things right, my vision and my glasses changed frequently.  This made
shooting with an RF difficult. So most of the pictures I've posted have been
taken with micro 4/3 cameras.

I now require a +0.5 diopter correction lens for the Leica eyepiece. The
problem is, it's metal, so it can scratch my glasses. So today, I did this:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/image.jpg.html

To make this:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/image_001.jpg.html

So I can do this: