Subject: [Leica] IMG: "Tristes Tropiques" book project
From: malland at me.com (Mitchell Alland)
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 23:51:00 +0700

Douglas - thanks for the comment. The third from the last in the ?Bangkok
Hysteria?portfolio is also one of my favorites; and the look of the main
subject is, I would say, penetrating. The whole issue of the extent and
level of interaction between the subject and the photographer in street
photography is, in my view, not an automatic thing ,with more or deeper
interaction always being better. If the intent is to depict, which I tend to
do, then it really depends on what you?re trying to depict ? and sometimes
no interaction or awareness of being photograph can be better.

- - Mitch