Subject: [Leica] Digital Dark Room Advice
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 16:22:53 -0700

In the olden days, computer rooms were kept in absolute darkness.  Black as
the proverbial coal bin.....

But that was not a  room in your house....

Mine is about neutral gray... because I like it, it is a modern decorating
color for the house, we had some left over from another room and I was
damned if I was going to proliferate yet another color in the house ( there
are 5 separate colors in the kitchen... she drove me nuts) , and it works as
a neutral color.

Paint the room a nice neutral grey, trim to be white, and if you need to
shut out all light, maybe you need a nap.....

Note that reflective white reflects all color casts, gray will absorb some
of them....

BTW, FLAT is the operative word..... not semi-gloss etc.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net