Subject: [Leica] Digital Dark Room Advice
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 18:40:05 -0500

Doesn't involve wall color, but here is an interesting article on d.i.y.
viewing booths.  I'm going to try this on a smaller scale (my largest
prints are 17x22"), perhaps one that I can set behind and to the side of
my monitor.  Or on a table beside the monitor desk.  In my wet darkroom,
now no longer in use, I had three enlargers.  The wall behind the 4x5
enlarger was painted flat black, and the wall behind the other two was
flat white.  Not sure I ever noticed a difference, and I tested the safe
lights routinely to be sure we were really dark in paper terms.  This
involved setting an enlarger reel on a sheet of paper for 15 minutes,
developing and seeing there was no image.  I love digital.

http://www.rgbcmyk.net/fp/?x=entry:entry110218-080348

Ken