Subject: [Leica] IMGs: For love of the black and white photography of Edward Weston, Minor White and W. Eugene Smith
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 20:32:31 -0700

Hi Scott my friend way off on the other side of this Planet we Call EARTH!
:-) I consider it to be a fairly "cool" kind of place to live! Geesh I hope
the MARTIANS don't get wind of it being the greatest place to live! :-) We
don't need any whatever they might be landing on Earth any time when we have
a number of "SCREW LOSE MORONS RUNNING AMOK TRYING TO DESTROY IT AS IT IS!"
::(

I suppose my wild and crazy attitude is partially due to  my upbringing from
my mother! An extremely fine lady from Wales who immigrated to Canada and
meeting my Father some time after WW-1! During the depression years she
worked as a "CHAR LADY"  scrubbing floors and cleaning homes of the
multi-millionaires of Toronto, Canada. Despite the depression and their
millions ... "They paid her nickels and dimes for her efforts!

 However, she always had dinner for my sister and myself when she and my dad
"SHARED THEIR PLATE!"

But she was always a ball of living fire on me becoming better at whatever
my career or job in life might be! So that I wouldn't have to go through
what she and my Dad did during the depression bring-up a couple of Children!

In my very early years Irene my wife gave me my first camera, an ARGUS A2
35mm film machine. My mother was absolutely ecstatic about the 4X6 happy
snaps I would mail home to her in Toronto.

Anyway my life moved on. Today? "The best LIFE TELLING OF MY WILD AND CRAZY
LIFE LIKE NO OTHER" is the international book written by a quite incredible
author Thelma Fayle after two years of interviews with people from a former
Prime Minster of  Canada to many other "COOL FOLKS!" :-)

AUTHOR:  Thelma Fayle : TED GRANT. 60YEARS OF LEDGENDARY PHOTOJOURNALISM!"
IT'S ALL IN THERE! :-) AW HECK I DIDN'T MEAN TO LOAD IT UP LIKE THIS!:-)

But it's been wilder than most others you will have ever read in Real life!
:-)

HOWEVER ALL THOSE YEARS I DID LOVE IT SO, EVEN THOUGH SOMETIMES I WAS SCARED
BEYOUND YOUR WILDEST IMAGINATION! :-)

And at the pleasant relaxing age of 85 today? Hey man I'm cool and ready to
yet "lock and load!"  CLICK! :-)
KEEP FIT, SO IF REQUIRED? YOU CAN STILL?? "kICK ASS! "  CLICK! :-)
CHEERS,
Dr. ted  :-) :-)