Subject: [Leica] Photokina
From: leopoldgreen at mac.com (Leopold Green)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 21:00:39 +0100

Hi Nathan,

I don't know whether the people who buy the limited edition 60th Anniversary
M will use their camera on a very regular basis but I would be surprised if
they never used it at all... I think you are dead wrong about the M-A - as
far as I can tell it is ?3100 in the UK versus ?3600 for the MP or M7 - if,
as they say, the only difference is removing the battery/exposure
electronics then I think it will appeal to many people. I imagine most
people considering a film Leica may already have a light meter or be
comfortable assessing exposure for themselves and would quite like to have
something 'cheaper' and purely mechanical - the more digital the world the
greater the joy [for some people] there is in the traditional [I'll defend
vinyl over CD or mp3 or even 'High Res' audio any time]. I know that when I
use film [and i admit the Monochrom has really taken over for me] it is the
M4 I reach for before the M6

Leopold