Subject: [Leica] Leica Porn
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 13:33:00 +1000

Well now Dr T, I don't know anyone else at all with your depth of
experience and success with photojournalism when you worked with film (R&M)
Leicas. I think that the world, photojournalism and Leica Camera have all
changed a lot since then and I don't think that Leica has been considered
the mainstream photojournalism choice for a long time. That doesn't mean
that the cameras are not serious or not suited well, even superior for
other applications.

But these discussions seem to be muddled as I've probably mentioned before.
There are several different new M cameras and not everyone is talking about
the same thing.

The M Edition 60 is part of a very low production (600 sets for world wide)
collectors set of two cameras and a lens. Try $18,500 USD for the set!

The Leica M-P is the same as the M (Typ 240) but with a more classical
looking outside and it costs at least $1000 more. Over here the standard M
can be had now for a lot less.

Then there is a new M-A which is an entirely mechanical no meter no
electrical anything new film M.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman