Subject: [Leica] Leica Porn
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:00:37 +1000

Dear Dr Ted, I have the utmost respect for your skill and body of work and
of course we are good friends. No doubt I am more enthusiastic for the
brand than many on the list.

I cannot agree with you that the production of a few collectors' edition
cameras along the way (and this is not new) has in any way disowned
photographers who use their normal serial production cameras. Those
collector editions I imagine help pay the bills and there is obviously a
market for them so why not.

Well a wise old Canadian Photojournalist has more than once reminded me to
stop talking and shoot more so I'm back to editing and posting new work. I
 have had my S2 for two months and I just checked. I am up to photo number
5884 with it so far. I think about 11000 with my M (typ 240) !

So I promise that I have not felt disowned by the appearance of some more
collectibles on the occasions of Leica Camera;s Centennial and the 6oth
Birthday of the M system ;-)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman