Subject: [Leica] Fengdu
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 11:44:43 +0530

Continuing on our trip down the Yangtze, after passing the Three Gorges
(Xiling, Wu and Qutang), we came to the old city of Fengdu, where over
100,000 people were resettled in the aftermath of the Three Gorges Dam,
when their villages were inundated due to the rising waters of the
reservoir.

We came to the city early morning in the gloaming:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141015-1128.jpg.html

We were to do a shore excursion in the morning, but so many tourists were
about that there were no local guides available, and we disembarked only
after lunch! First stop was to meet some farmers' families, both original
inhabitants and resettled ones. I just got some portraits:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141015-1621.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141015-1674.jpg.html

Walking on the streets and alleys of this town, card and mahjong players
were around every corner - it seemed to be an extremely popular pastime:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141015-1704.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141015-1744.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141015-1761.jpg.html

We then visited a local kindergarten school - kids, as ever, were curious
and friendly, with no inhibitions whatsoever in interacting with us:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141015-1716.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141015-1738.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141015-1728.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141015-1742.jpg.html

Even on the roads, mothers and kids were everywhere:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141015-1766.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141015-1769.jpg.html

Finally, in a vegetable market:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/China/China-20141015-1753.jpg.html

Please see LARGE

Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Fengdu)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Fengdu)