Subject: [Leica] Kodak Chemistry going forward
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 17:02:03 -0800

I actually found Xtol to be inconsistent with my Tech Pan film.  One huge
batch gave me one ISO one year, and the next batch cut that in half.  So, I
gave up on it.

For my ink mixing I've reverse engineered the sufactants/wetting agents I
use -- Photo Flo 200 and Edwal LFN.  Getting the giant companies to sell
small amounts of the key ingredients to photographers is one thing I'm
trying to negotiate right now.  But, I'm assuming much of the chemistry
will disappear or be very expensive.  Both B&H and Adorama will no longer
ship Photo Flo (and Dow says it's not do to the Triton X-100 active
ingredient).  In Europe they are already scarce if no totally gone.  So,
bottom line, I'm assuming we'd better be able to make our own soups.  (I
did that originally with POTA developer for Tech Pan.  It's a hassle, no
doubt about it.)

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com