Subject: [Leica] THE YEARBOOK
From: bjq1 at mac.com (Bernard Quinn)
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 21:02:57 -0500

Geoff,

I am both an Irish Catholic and a sensitive stink weed. I get upset easily
and I make it a point to take all criticism personally. To make matters
worse I also take my suffering very seriously. As far as I am concerned I
think that you did a fabulous job on the year book. Three cheers for Geoff,
I say.

I think that I can understand how you feel. I bet it could be summarized
this way. I did all this work and what do I get for it? A heap of dog dung.
Fair enough. You've got a point

But, let's think about this for a minute. The Internet can be a miracle.
Using modern technology you have been able to create and edit a book of
pictures taken by outstanding professional and amateur photographers from
around the world. You have been able tondo this from the comfort if where
ever the hell it is you have your monitor set up. The book gets printed god
knows where and then sent to buyers anyone in the world. That is a major
achievement on your part.

I will tell you as a computer professional that there is also a part of the
internet that I truly dislike, and that is the rough underside of its
culture. It allows anyone with a bitch or a grievance, legitimate or
illegitimate, to express it often in ways which are ill mannered or just
plain rude. Often exchanges on the net are little more than urinating
contests or testosterone based contests to see who can dominate whom not
unlike those favored by mountain goats in the wild.

 There are always people with dissatisfactions and complaints who are more
than willing to express them. The net provides them with a marvelous ready
made megaphone. That in no way detracts from your accomplishment. Please
don't let it.

Barney

Barney Quinn, WK3Z
C: (301) 775-1386